Volunteer Your Garden!
FOR LOTS OF FREE AND CREATIVE IDEAS FOR YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE
You Can Brief Our Students for Lots of Free Creative Design Ideas
We run four live projects a year on our Professional Garden Design Diploma Course. Each one centres around a real volunteer garden*. The client fills out a brief and the students will visit in small groups for usually half a day. You don't need to be there - but you are welcome to speak with the students onsite directly if you prefer. After 6 to 8 weeks each student will have completed their own design package for your garden. This year's students completed the following for each project:
- A sketchbook of ideas
- A site survey and site appraisal
- A master layout plan, acting like a blueprint for a new design
- A planting plan of a least one planting area
- A 3D visual to help you to imagine the design or part of the design
- At least 1 mood board
- A 5 minute video describing the overall design concept
Over the past few academic years we have also provided drone videos of project gardens in case of lockdown restrictions. Our clients also benefitted from this record of their gardens as well as scale site plans. You can see a couple of video examples below:
* For practical reasons we can currently only consider project gardens located in Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and the north of Wiltshire, within a 30 - at the very maximum 45 - minute drive radius from the school.